This recipe is simple and it’s cheeeeesy. Ya, you need a boat load of cheese. Real, cheesy-cheese.
- 2 lbs. Broccoli
- 4 cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 small Russet Potato, diced
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 8 oz. sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 4 oz. Colby Jack, shredded
- 2 tbs. Butter
- Cut off broccoli florets and cube the stems.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large dutch oven or stock pot.
- Add the broccoli, onion, and garlic, stirring frequently until the onions have softened and turned translucent.
- Add milk, chicken stock, and potato and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cook until broccoli and potato are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, or working in batches with a countertop blender, blend the soup while slowly adding shredded cheeses.
- Serve immediately.