My most favorite season of the year. Fall.
Long cardigans, cute booties, and everything cozy.
I was never much of a soup eater growing up. I thought would was this excuse for not having any other ideas for dinner.
Well, Michael flipped my soup world upside down. Soup is no longer a last-minute belly filler, but a favorite treat in this house.
Indulge in fall with this Creamy Carrot & Fennel Soup. I’d say it’s definitely in my top 5 favorite soups… maybe even in my top 2.
Rich, creamy…. oh, so delicious. And easy! Cook it all up, throw it in the blender, and voilà! It’s full of nutritious veggies.. bonus!
Don’t forget to grab a fresh loaf of bread for homemade chunk croutons.
Stay warm and cozy friends!
Rich, creamy…. oh, so delicious Carrot & Fennel Soup.
- 4 tbs. Butter
- 1 large Fennel Bulb, chopped
- 4 large Carrots, chopped
- 1 small Sweet Potato, chopped
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- ½ Onion, Diced
- Salt & Pepper
- A few sprigs of Thyme
- Crème Fraîche
- In a large pot, melt 4 tbs. Butter over medium heat. Add Fennel, Carrots, Sweet Potato, and Onion; season with Salt & Pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft but not brown, 30-45 minutes depending on how large your pieces are.
- Add in the Chicken Broth and Thyme sprigs, season with Salt & Pepper again to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the Carrots and Potatoes are falling apart.
- Remove Thyme sprigs, puree soup in a blender, in batches if needed. Alternatively, you can use a stick blender to puree in the same pot.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of Crème Fraîche.