Rich, creamy…. oh, so delicious Carrot & Fennel Soup.
- 4 tbs. Butter
- 1 large Fennel Bulb, chopped
- 4 large Carrots, chopped
- 1 small Sweet Potato, chopped
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- ½ Onion, Diced
- Salt & Pepper
- A few sprigs of Thyme
- Crème Fraîche
- In a large pot, melt 4 tbs. Butter over medium heat. Add Fennel, Carrots, Sweet Potato, and Onion; season with Salt & Pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft but not brown, 30-45 minutes depending on how large your pieces are.
- Add in the Chicken Broth and Thyme sprigs, season with Salt & Pepper again to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the Carrots and Potatoes are falling apart.
- Remove Thyme sprigs, puree soup in a blender, in batches if needed. Alternatively, you can use a stick blender to puree in the same pot.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of Crème Fraîche.