These golden buttermilk biscuits, fried chicken and some heartwarming graaaaavy baby! Made just for you Grandma 😉
- 1lbs. Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tbs. Paprika
- 1 tbs. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbs. Onion Powder
- 1 tbs. Kosher Salt
- 4 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup 2% or Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 tbs. Butter
- 2 tbs. Flour
- Salt & Pepper
- This recipe is one in itself. Click here to make these delicious Buttermilk Biscuits!
- Cut chicken breast, across the width, into 1 – 1 ½ inch strips. In a small bowl combine paprika, garlic and onion powder, and salt. In a gallon ziploc bag, add chicken strips, buttermilk, and half the spice mixture. Seal bag and mash everything together. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Whisk together flour and rest of spice mixture in a medium bowl. Remove chicken strips from the bag while letting the excess marinade drip off. Put the chicken in the flour mixture and toss well to coat. Shake off excess flour and place pieces on a plate.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high until the oil is 375°F. Working in batches fry chicken 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown while making sure oil doesn’t drop below 325°F. Transfer chicken to wire rack to cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized skillet, melt 2 tbs. Butter over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the flour, stirring constantly, until all the liquid is absorbed and a paste forms, about 1 minute. Slowly add in the milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Add in cream, while whisking, them bring to a simmer until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and a heavy dose of pepper, remove from heat.
- Cut biscuits in half, top with chicken and a generous spoonful of gravy.
- Serve and enjoy!