SO Simple, but delicious and nutritious veggie cakes! No veggie was left behind 🙂 Zucchini, Broccoli, Cauliflower.. you pick your favorite!
- 2 cups Vegetables, mashed or shredded
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Onion, diced
- ¼ cup Flour
- ¼ cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Olive Oil
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl, season with salt to taste, stir to combine.
- Form patties about 4” round and ½” thick.
- Heat 2 tbs. in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place patties in skillet and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 5 mins.
- Flip and cook another few minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
This recipe works really well with most types of frozen vegetables. The 1 pound bags are about 2 cups worth. Plus you can buy pre-chopped or already riced vegetables to save the steps of doing that.
For sweet potato or regular potato cakes, you need to use leftover mashed potatoes that have been in the fridge over night. Fresh potatoes are too watery and your cakes will fall flat and floppy.